Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kids' Clothes Week - the rest, Part II

Teaser picture of a finished t-shirt:


I think you can see already the level of quality that I and my sewing machine spewed out this time, no? So perhaps this doesn't come as a surprise:


Yes, that's what I did to my first ever twin needle. The machine gave me an error code which upon consultation of the manual turned out to mean something along the lines of Tangled Thread Meltdown.

No shit, Sherlock.


By some weird miracle I had a spare, which worked like a dream but was a different size. Thus we have this nice hem effect in the front middle of the shirt:


Then I had to seam rip the neckline twice, thus stretching it beyond repair and ending up with a funky wibbly effect.


But he seems to like it. He must do - he lovingly stained it with tomato immediately.

No comments: