Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Free skirt for a thin person

I seem to have a terminal attraction to badly labelled patterns. I thought I was making myself a nice, easy-fitting skirt in a US size 8. Turns out it's a UK size 8 (a euro size 36, for those on my side of the channel) and I can hardly get it over my backside.

So it's going free to the first thin person who claims it! I will even pay postage to see it go to a good home.

It's an A-line shape made of funky Ikea fabric, of a similar weight to medium/light denim (i.e., it doesn't drape):


Front:


Back:


It has pockets:

 

And an elasticated waist:


As it was intended for myself the seams are tidy-ish but not exactly professional:


At the bottom it's finished with bias tape:


Attention-seeking toddler not included.

1 comment: